Missing and damaged teeth don’t just affect how your smile looks; they also affect how it functions. Dental damage may cause you to skip favorite foods or even make it hard for others to understand you. You’ll enjoy full oral function again with the help of your restorative dentist in Colorado Springs.Dr. Craig Sommer Talks about Restorative Dentistry Read Transcript
Over the years, you may have realized that you have chips in teeth, you have fillings that are cracked or broken, pieces that just don't feel right. And one of the best ways we can try and take care of that situation is something that's called restorative dentistry. We go through an evaluative process. We can take photographs and show you what's there, what's missing, what's damaged, and then suggest filling replacements. We can use the most natural-looking tooth-colored fillings to replace those ugly, nasty old black ones. If you have pieces of teeth that are broken or missing, we can use tooth-colored crowns to restore that tooth back to good function so that you can chew with it comfortably. Its appearance is restored, restorative dentistry, and improve overall dental health and function by doing that. So if you think you have chipped or damaged teeth, please come into our office so we can advise you of the options available to improve that situation and get you back to good health.
Our restorative dental care will:
- Allow you to enjoy any foods you like
- Improve your smile’s appearance
- Help you speak clearly
- Fill embarrassing gaps in your smile
- Protect your teeth from further damage
If you’re ready to repair your damaged smile, call 719-249-5796 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craig Sommer. To save money on restorative care, consider joining our Springs Dentist Savings Club.
Make Your Smile as Good as New With a Dental Restoration
Whether you have a cavity or a broken tooth, you’ll find a restorative dental treatment that will make your smile as good as new. You may need:
- Tooth Fillings – To fix your tooth and protect your long-term health, we use only biocompatible, mercury-free fillings. Non-metal fillings also blend easily into your smile, with no distracting silver spots. Dr. Sommer is also certified in the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology’s Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique (SMART), so he can safely remove metal fillings.
- Dental Crowns – A crown can repair many kinds of damage, including cavities too large for fillings, breaks, and cracks. With digital scanning technology, it’s less messy and more comfortable to make dental impressions for your crown.
- Inlays or Onlays – These restorations may be a good choice for cavities that are too big to be repaired with fillings but not large enough to require crowns.
Replace Teeth to Feel Like Yourself Again
Nothing changes how your smile feels and functions as much as missing teeth. We have many teeth replacement options, one of which will be right for you:
- Dental Implants – Implants can be used to replace any number of teeth. Dr. Sommer both places and restores them, so you won’t need to visit another doctor for any part of your implant procedure.
- Dental Bridges – You can replace one tooth or fill a gap left by several missing teeth with a bridge. Unlike removable dentures, bridges stay fixed in place.