If you have multiple smile imperfections, you may assume you’ll need multiple cosmetic dental procedures to correct them. Yet Dr. Craig Sommer, a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, may be able to give you the beautiful smile you desire with a single treatment: dental veneers in Colorado Springs.Dr. Craig Sommer talks about how to enhance your smile with Crowns or Veneers Read Transcript
We've had a number of patients that we've seen over the years that have had smiles they were not happy with. One of the things that seem to be common amongst all of them is they had dental restorations that were done that they weren't happy with. We could not just brighten their teeth, and they did not want to have orthodontics done. They did not want to have teeth repositioned. So by using crowns or veneers carefully, we can change both color, shape, and position of the teeth to give them a harmonious smile. One they'll be proud of. If you have questions like that about your teeth, come into our office so we can tell you what would be the best approach, so you can make good decisions about enhancing your smile.
We typically use e.max veneers. They are made of a special kind of ceramic that is:
- Natural Looking – The ceramic is more translucent than porcelain veneers, so e.max veneers look more like your own teeth enamel.
- Durable – Because e.max resists wear and staining, your veneers will look great for many years.
- Minimally Invasive – The ceramic is thinner than porcelain veneers, so Dr. Sommer will only need to remove a tiny amount of enamel from your teeth to prepare them for the veneers.
- Low Maintenance – Your veneers require no special care to keep them looking terrific. Maintain them with daily brushing and flossing and regular visits to our office for dental cleanings.
- Versatile – Your veneers can change the shape, color, and size of your teeth. They’ll hide flaws like chips, stains, gaps, and excess wear.
It’s usually possible to receive your veneers in as few as two trips to our office. To see if we can solve your problems with a single smile treatment, call 719-249-5796.
Keep Your Veneers Looking Great
Dr. Sommer will advise you on how to keep your veneers looking great. With proper care, veneers can easily last well over a decade. We recommend:
- Taking It Easy on Teeth – Never use teeth for tasks like opening a package. Avoid chewing on ice, popcorn kernels, or similar hard substances.
- Protecting Your Teeth – Wear a custom mouthguard while playing sports. Dr. Sommer can fit you for one.
- Using Proper Oral Hygiene – Always use a soft-bristled toothbrush and brush gently. Avoid toothpastes with abrasive ingredients like sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). Using them may scratch the surface of your veneers over time, giving them a dull look.
For dental veneers in Colorado Springs, call Springs Dentist at 719-249-5796.