At Springs Dentist, we don’t just care about your teeth. We care about your overall wellness and health issues related to your mouth. Because we recognize the relationship between the health of your mouth and your total body health, we offer holistic dental care in Colorado Springs.Dr. Craig Sommer on what sets his Practice apart Read Transcript
One of the things that sets our practice apart from many other practices that are out there is our holistic focus. And that holistic focus means that we are looking at every individual that comes in here as more than just a mouth, a mouth with teeth. There's an entire body that's there, and everything that we do in our office is focused on, How do we do dentistry in such a way that it benefits the entire body? Let's take gum disease, for an instance. Bacteria from gum disease now have been shown to affect the way the body's blood clots; it increases a clotting rate. So dentistry is now finally coming around to recognition that bacteria in the mouth can create heart attacks, strokes, can influence cancer, and we're most recently finding out that bacteria from the mouth is now being found in Alzheimer's disease brains.
So gum disease and taking care of gum treatment is no longer a matter of just making a beautiful smile for someone, trying to take the stains off their teeth when they're having their teeth cleaned, but we have benefits that will allow us to be able to actually improve somebody's overall health, and extend their life potentially by reducing clot formation. And if we can do that, we've accomplished a major stride forward. So we're looking at a person coming in and how dentistry, or the lack of dentistry, or dental problems can affect them adversely. And as a result of that, we can focus on taking care of areas that will have the best long-term benefit for our patients.
With our integrative and homeopathic approach, we:
- Always consider both your oral and overall health
- Use mercury-free, biocompatible dental filling materials
- Remove toxic metals, like mercury, with specialized oral treatment protocols
- Emphasize organic immune system support during oral care
- Use microbiological techniques to treat gum infections
- Explain the risks and benefits of dental materials to you
Our holistic care will improve your quality of life, not just the condition of your teeth! To visit a dental practice that is committed to your total wellness, call Springs Dentist at 719-249-5796.
Boost Your Oral Health & Overall Health
From our emphasis on preventive care to our commitment to using the most biocompatible dental restorations possible, you’ll benefit from our holistic practices. We’ll enhance your wellness with:
- General dentistry, including comprehensive exams performed with an intraoral camera so we can share digital images of your mouth with you
- Cosmetic dentistry to beautify your smile, including Invisalign aligners
- Restorative dentistry, including mercury-free fillings and crowns
- TMJ treatment that can relieve facial pain and headaches
- Dental implants for lifelike teeth replacements
Rely on Our Dentist’s Advanced Training in Holistic Treatment
Some dentists give lip service to being interested in holistic care without doing much more than offering vague statements about wellness. Dr. Craig Sommer is a member of several organizations devoted to advancing holistic dentistry, including:
- The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, an organization for those interested in tools and technology that can detect, treat, and prevent diseases associated with aging
- The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT), a network of dentists and other health care professionals who research dental product biocompatibility, including the risks of mercury fillings and fluoride
- The Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry, an organization that promotes the use of adhesive chemistry to return teeth to strength
Dr. Sommer is certified in the IAOMT’s Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique (SMART), a method for safely removing mercury fillings.
For holistic dental care in Colorado Springs, call 719-249-5796. In addition to Colorado Springs, we serve nearby communities like Monument, Woodland Park, Pueblo, and Falcon.