At Springs Dentist in Colorado Springs, we don’t just care about your teeth. We care about your overall wellness and health issues related to your mouth. Because we recognize the relationship between the health of your mouth and your total body health, we offer holistic dental care.Image Title: youtube thumbnail - ip1d19PBF4w Dr. Craig Sommer on what sets his Practice apart Read Transcript
One of the things that sets our practice apart from many other practices that are out there is our holistic focus. And that holistic focus means that we are looking at every individual that comes in here as more than just a mouth, a mouth with teeth. There's an entire body that's there, and everything that we do in our office is focused on, How do we do dentistry in such a way that it benefits the entire body? Let's take gum disease, for an instance. Bacteria from gum disease now have been shown to affect the way the body's blood clots; it increases a clotting rate. So dentistry is now finally coming around to recognition that bacteria in the mouth can create heart attacks, strokes, can influence cancer, and we're most recently finding out that bacteria from the mouth is now being found in Alzheimer's disease brains.
So gum disease and taking care of gum treatment is no longer a matter of just making a beautiful smile for someone, trying to take the stains off their teeth when they're having their teeth cleaned, but we have benefits that will allow us to be able to actually improve somebody's overall health, and extend their life potentially by reducing clot formation. And if we can do that, we've accomplished a major stride forward. So we're looking at a person coming in and how dentistry, or the lack of dentistry, or dental problems can affect them adversely. And as a result of that, we can focus on taking care of areas that will have the best long-term benefit for our patients.
With our integrative and homeopathic approach, we:
- Focus on improving both your oral and overall health
- Potentially extend your life
- Use mercury-free, biocompatible dental filling materials
- Remove toxic metals like mercury, so you won’t have to worry about adverse reactions
- Emphasize organic immune system support during oral care, so your body better defends itself from disease
- Use microbiological techniques to treat gum infections
- Work with OralDNA Labs® to diagnose disease earlier for better patient outcomes
- Explain the risks and benefits of dental materials to you
Improve your quality of life, not just the condition of your teeth, with our holistic care! To visit a dental practice that is committed to your total wellness, call Springs Dentist at 719-249-5796. With or without insurance, we want you to enjoy the benefits of total wellness. If you join our Springs Dentist Savings Club, you’ll make affordable monthly payments to cover the costs of your preventive care and enjoy savings on other services.
Feel Better With Enhanced Oral & Overall Wellness
From our emphasis on preventive care to our commitment to using the most biocompatible dental restorations possible, you’ll benefit from our holistic practices. We’ll enhance your wellness with:
- General dentistry, including comprehensive exams performed with an intraoral camera so we can share digital images of your mouth with you
- Cosmetic dentistry to beautify your smile, including Invisalign aligners
- Restorative dentistry, including mercury-free fillings and crowns
- TMJ treatment that relieves facial pain and headaches
- Dental implants for lifelike teeth replacements that allow you to eat healthier foods
Trust Your Care to a Dentist With Credentials in Holistic Treatment
Some dentists give lip service to being interested in holistic care without doing much more than offering vague statements about wellness. Dr. Craig Sommer is a member of several organizations devoted to advancing best practices in holistic dentistry, including:
- The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, an organization for those interested in methods and technology that can detect, treat, and prevent diseases associated with aging
- The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT), a network of dentists and other health care professionals who research dental product biocompatibility, including the risks of mercury fillings and fluoride
- The Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry, an organization that promotes the use of adhesive chemistry to return teeth to strength
Dr. Sommer is also certified in the IAOMT’s Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique (SMART), a method for safely removing mercury fillings.
To start changing your life with holistic dental care, call Springs Dentist at 719-249-5796 or request an appointment online. In addition to Colorado Springs, we serve nearby communities like Monument, Woodland Park, Pueblo, and Falcon.