At Springs Dentist, we understand patients may sometimes experience anxiety or even actual fear during dental appointments. It’s important to manage these feelings, as they can prevent you from getting the care you need to maintain great oral health and overall health. Whether you feel stressed due to prior bad experiences or concerns over discomfort, we’ll help you relax with anxiety reduction in Colorado Springs.Dr. Craig Sommer Talks about Relieving Dental Anxiety Read Transcript
We understand that dental anxiety is so common. One of the ways that we deal with that, the easiest way, is to have pleasant people in the office, calm conversations, laughter, a little bit of humor. Now that's just the start. That's the first part. If that's a difficult situation for you and something else is required, we can use laughing gas or (inaudible), that's something you may have heard of before. There are also antianxiety medications that we've utilized successfully. So people can have a medication that relaxes them, allows them to get treatment done that they desperately need, and they have little recollection of that whole process. So it makes it smooth, calm, and comfortable. If dental anxiety is one of the things that you're facing, come to our office and we can explain what's available for you to help get through the treatment needs that you have in an easy, calm, and pleasant fashion.
Enjoy a stress-free visit with:
- A dentist who takes the time to answer all your questions and clearly explain your treatment options
- Patient-friendly technology like dental lasers and digital teeth impressions, so your care is always comfortable
- Comforts like pillows, blankets, and headphones to help you relax
- The option of receiving laughing gas to further calm you
For relaxing dental care, call 719-249-5796.
Soothe Your Nerves With Personalized Visits & Laughing Gas
Some patients feel anxious because they’ve received dental treatment in the past without understanding all their options or even why treatment was needed. You’ll never feel rushed or confused at our office. Dr. Craig Sommer works closely with you to create a customized plan to address your dental issues. With our intraoral camera, he can show you exactly what is going on in your mouth. The camera also helps him examine you with less poking and prodding.
If you’re nervous or worried about discomfort, we can administer laughing gas. When breathed in through a small mask worn over your nose, it quickly helps you feel calm and comfortable. No injections are needed! It’s our preferred method of relaxing you because:
- You Remain Relaxed but Alert – Unlike some other methods of relaxation, you’ll remain aware of what is going on and will be easily able to communicate with us.
- Its Effects Don’t Linger – Once you stop breathing it, you’ll feel like yourself within minutes. You’ll be able to drive yourself home.
- We Can Adjust the Amount You Receive – We can easily increase or reduce the amount you’re ingesting during treatment to maintain the appropriate level of relaxation.
- It Has a Long Safety Record – Oxygen inhalation has been used by dentists for more than 150 years. It has virtually no side effects.