With our holistic approach to dentistry, we’re focused on keeping your mouth – and your whole body – healthy. That’s not all we do, though. We realize a great-looking smile can make you feel better about yourself, so we offer cosmetic dentistry in Colorado Springs for making smile improvements.Dr. Craig Sommer talks about Cosmetic Dentistry Read Transcript
For some people, getting the smile they've always wanted is merely just increasing the brightness or the whiteness of their smile, and that can be done with smile-brightening techniques or cosmetic bleaching. If teeth are not in the ideal position, which is very important, then we can consider Invisalign, something to move teeth into the desired position so that we can enhance people's smiles. If that's not something that's possible because of existing dental work or decay or things along that line, then we have the possibility of using crowns and cosmetic veneers, and veneers are excellent because they can change both shape and position and color of your existing teeth to give you the smile of your dreams.
With our cosmetic dental services, you’ll:
- Be more open to meeting new people
- Never feel reluctant to show your smile
- Feel more at ease in social settings
- Enjoy more confidence at work and elsewhere
- Find it easier to keep your smile clean, with no misaligned or damaged teeth to get in your way
Ready to beautify your smile? Call 719-249-5796 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Craig Sommer, a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He’s also received advanced training in cosmetic dental procedures from the internationally known Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI).
Enjoy Many Choices for Fixing Your Smile Flaws
At Springs Dentist, you’ll find cosmetic dental services for remedying all kinds of smile issues, from stained teeth to crooked teeth. Your choices include:Joe Talks about his Cosmetic Work Read Transcript
I had the cosmetic work done because I have had two crowns in the front of my upper front, and they were kind of degrading, and this was only like a few months ago in the summertime. Dr. Sommer just presented to me the options. He said I could just either replace a tooth or replace the surrounding or other teeth on either side. I just kind of decided after having those crowns since I was in my early 20s and I'm now 53 it was kind of time to maybe spoil myself a little bit. He just basically mentioned to me what it all entailed, how much it was going to cost and all that stuff and other payment plan options. That's kind of led me to make a decision and just kind of go ahead and do it.
The whole process took about three or four visits, I think. I think about three. They took the old tooth down, or teeth, the front crowns, they grinded down the other teeth, and that took maybe a couple of hours or so, maybe three. And then they measured me for temporary crowns, and then they had them made. And I came back and the second visit, it was like the fitting, and then they kind of took their time trying to make sure that everything was good. Then the third time was kind of like more of a follow-up – if there's something that was kind of not comfortable or something was hanging or it didn't feel right to me. So about three visits all in all.
I'm very satisfied with what I got done. If my money, if finances was not an option, I'd probably had all of them done. So I'm just kind of like waiting right now to kind of recover from what I had done and then save up and then have more work done. I'm very happy with them. Probably going to come back in about a year and a half once I've kind of paid off the first set and then go over to the bottom ones.
- Invisalign Orthodontics – You can achieve a perfectly aligned smile without the hassles of metal braces.
- Dental Veneers – When applied to the front surfaces of teeth, veneers can hide a wide range of imperfections.
- Tooth Bonding – This simple treatment is another option for hiding flaws like chips and stains.
- Teeth Whitening – We’ll provide you with professional-strength gel and custom-made trays you can use in the convenience of your own home. Ask about our special offer for $199 whitening trays.
- Teeth Contouring – It’s easy to correct issues such as uneven edges or pointy teeth.
- Gum Reshaping – A laser makes it quick and painless to remove excess gum tissue.
You can also combine cosmetic and/or restorative dental treatments for a complete smile makeover. Dr. Sommer can use wax models and digital technology to give you a preview of what your smile changes will look like.