It may be tough for a dentist to pick a favorite dental restoration. It’s easy to pick the most versatile one, though. Dental crowns and bridges in Colorado Springs can be used to fix nearly anything that’s gone wrong with your smile, including missing teeth.Dr. Craig Sommer talks about Dental Crowns Read Transcript
There's a point at which having a larger and larger filling in a tooth is no longer the best choice. There's a point at which a cap or crown, like a little hat that covers your tooth, is going to be the most appropriate way to take care of that problem. Otherwise, the tooth could break irreparably and you may lose it. So dental crowns may be the best choice for trying to restore a tooth that's badly chipped or broken, or one that has oversized fillings. And by doing a crown versus a filling, we can enhance the strength of that tooth for good function and chewing, and we can enhance the color of that tooth. If it's dark or a gray, we can bring it back to a beautiful smile color again. We can enhance both comfort and appearance and give you a radiant smile for years to come.
A dental crown can:
- Repair cavities that are too large for fillings
- Fix a broken or cracked tooth
- Hide cosmetic flaws such as misshapen or deeply stained teeth
- Replace a missing tooth when used with a dental implant or as part of a dental bridge
To see if a crown or bridge can solve your dental problems, call us today at 719-249-5796. As with all our dental restorations, we are committed to using the most biocompatible materials possible for our crowns and bridges.
You’ll Smile Without Embarrassment With These Restorations
We use metal-free crowns and bridges in many different ways to restore your smile’s appearance and functionality. Among them:
- Single Crown – A porcelain crown will repair and strengthen a tooth that has been damaged by a crack, break, or severe decay.
- Implant Crown – We can attach a crown to a dental implant to replace a missing tooth. It will blend in easily with the rest of your smile and give you a bite nearly as strong as what you had before.
- Fixed Bridge – These sturdy restorations replace one or more missing teeth to fill gaps in your smile. To keep a bridge in place, we’ll anchor it to surrounding teeth using dental crowns.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – To avoid altering healthy teeth, we can attach your bridge to dental implants.
In some cases, Dr. Craig Sommer may instead use partial crowns called inlays or onlays to repair your dental damage. An inlay covers the entire top surface of your tooth, while an onlay extends onto the sides of your tooth. No matter which dental restoration is used, Dr. Sommer will use digital scanning technology if impressions of your teeth are needed. This method is less messy and more comfortable than traditional dental impressions.
For dental crowns and bridges in Colorado Springs, call 719-249-5796.