The health of your mouth affects the health of the rest of your body. Dr. Craig Sommer knows this and practices holistic dentistry to deliver care that will improve your total wellness. Before becoming a dentist, he was a chemical engineer. He saw the potential for harm if chemicals weren’t properly handled. In his dental practice, he avoids the use of mercury in dental restorations, including fillings. He’s also certified by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology in its SMART protocols for safely removing mercury fillings.
Dr. Sommer uses a holistic approach for every aspect of his practice, which includes all the dental services you need for a healthier mouth and body. You’ll find:
- General Dentistry – Our preventive care is based on improving microbiology, not on adding fluoride to your system.
- Cosmetic Dentistry – Transform your appearance with services like Invisalign orthodontics, dental veneers, and teeth whitening.
- Restorative Dentistry – We use the most biocompatible materials possible for restorations like fillings and crowns and always try to maintain as much of your natural tooth structure as possible.
- Dental Implants – With implants, you’ll enjoy replacement teeth that feel and function just like natural teeth. Unlike other teeth replacements, implants also prevent the damaging loss of bone in your jaw that follows tooth loss.
- Oral Surgery – Dr. Sommer can remove teeth, when necessary, and perform bone grafts to help restore your bone density.
- TMJ Treatment – Custom-made mouthguards can help relieve jaw pain caused by pressure on your temporomandibular joints.
- Sleep Apnea Treatment – Your sleep quality can have a huge impact on your wellness. A custom mouthguard can keep you breathing easily throughout the night, so you’ll awaken feeling refreshed.
No matter which procedures you receive, we use some of the latest technology and treatment techniques to deliver your care. For example, we use a digital scanner for mess-free, hassle-free dental impressions.
Call 719-249-5796 for an appointment with your Pueblo, CO dentist.