If you have many things you’d like to change about your smile, you should consider a comprehensive approach that factors in your time, your budget, your smile goals, and even how the results will complement other facial features. Dr. Craig Sommer can help you create a plan for your Colorado Springs smile makeover that considers all these aspects and more.Linda Talks about her Smile Makeover Read Transcript
The saga of my front teeth began when I was 16 years old, and I was a junior in high school. I brushed my teeth one morning, and my front tooth was loose. And there was very little remedy for it back then. And so I suffered with some treatments over the years and mismatched teeth and yellow. And that one that came out was always a problem. And so I've struggled with my upper front teeth for a long time.
Well, Dr. Sommer had been my dentist for at least a decade. And I was in his office one day and he had a book of cosmetic treatments. And there was one woman in particular who had a gorgeous smile. And I realized that these weren't just photographs, that these were patients, people he had done this for. And so when I walked into the treatment room, I said, “Could I have one of those please?” And it turned out that I was able to have 14 crowns and veneers done on the upper part of my mouth.
And it has made a world of difference in how I feel about myself, how I present myself to the world. And it was all from seeing a photograph on the coffee table in the ... I just didn't think it was possible for me. Well, I think the biggest benefit of having it done is I think I smile more. I think I'm able to have a bigger smile. And I'm not kind of … I think I pulled back before.
And now I'm much more out there and smiling. Get lots of compliments on it, which always makes a woman feel good. And so, I think it gave me confidence and a sense of looking much better. I think if you, like me, were ashamed, a little bashful about smiling and uncomfortable, I think the thing to do is ask what can be done. There's so many different options that I didn't know about. And part of it was just believing it could happen to me.
And so ask the doctor and see what's available. There are, as I understand, minimal kind of treatments and then there's, you know, like I got, the whole 14 teeth. So just ask, because you're worth it.
He will help you find the treatments best suited to your makeover by:
- Examining your smile with state-of-the-art technology like digital X-rays and an intraoral camera
- Emphasizing conservative treatments that maintain your natural tooth structure as much as possible
- Using mercury-free, biocompatible materials for dental restorations
- Answering all your questions and explaining all your possible options
- Using digital images and/or wax models to show you what your new smile could look like
Choose From Many Cosmetic & Restorative Treatments
No matter what you don’t like about your smile, chances are you’ll find a cosmetic dental or restorative dental procedure to change it. Your choices include:
- Invisalign – You don’t need metal braces to straighten your teeth. Invisalign aligners won’t show in your smile. You can also remove aligners for meals and oral hygiene.
- Dental Veneers – Hide flaws with thin shells of toothlike material applied to the front surfaces of your teeth.
- Tooth Bonding – This treatment provides a more affordable way of covering imperfections. It won’t last as long as veneers, however.
- Dental Crowns – Since it covers your whole tooth, a metal-free crown can strengthen and improve your tooth structure.
- Dental Implants – When embedded in your jaw, implants help keep your bone healthy and strong. They can be used with crowns, bridges, or dentures to replace missing teeth.
- Dental Bridges – A bridge can replace one tooth or several teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – It’s easy to get great whitening results with custom-made trays and professional-strength bleaching gel at home.
- Teeth Contouring – Erase uneven tooth edges and similar flaws with this simple procedure.
- Gum Reshaping – Dr. Sommer can create a gorgeous gumline with our gentle laser.
For a smile makeover in Colorado Springs, call 719-249-5796.