- Enjoy the most patient-friendly cosmetic treatments
- Receive take-home whitening trays for $199
- Benefit from our dentist’s advanced cosmetic skills
If you have many things you’d like to change about your smile, you should consider a comprehensive approach that factors in your time, your budget, your smile goals, and even how the results will complement other facial features. Dr. Craig Sommer can help you create a plan for your Colorado Springs smile makeover that considers all these aspects and more.Linda Talks about her Smile Makeover Read Transcript
Linda Talks about her Smile Makeover
The saga of my front teeth began when I was 16 years old, and I was a junior in high school. I brushed my teeth one morning, and my front tooth was loose. And there was very little remedy for it back then. And so I suffered with some treatments over the years and mismatched teeth and yellow. And that one that came out was always a problem. And so I've struggled with my upper front teeth for a long time.
Well, Dr. Sommer had been my dentist for at least a decade. And I was in his office one day and he had a book of cosmetic treatments. And there was one woman in particular who had a gorgeous smile. And I realized that these weren't just photographs, that these were patients, people he had done this for. And so when I walked into the treatment room, I said, “Could I have one of those please?” And it turned out that I was able to have 14 crowns and veneers done on the upper part of my mouth.
And it has made a world of difference in how I feel about myself, how I present myself to the world. And it was all from seeing a photograph on the coffee table in the ... I just didn't think it was possible for me. Well, I think the biggest benefit of having it done is I think I smile more. I think I'm able to have a bigger smile. And I'm not kind of … I think I pulled back before.
And now I'm much more out there and smiling. Get lots of compliments on it, which always makes a woman feel good. And so, I think it gave me confidence and a sense of looking much better. I think if you, like me, were ashamed, a little bashful about smiling and uncomfortable, I think the thing to do is ask what can be done. There's so many different options that I didn't know about. And part of it was just believing it could happen to me.
And so ask the doctor and see what's available. There are, as I understand, minimal kind of treatments and then there's, you know, like I got, the whole 14 teeth. So just ask, because you're worth it.
He will help you find the treatments best suited to your makeover by:
- Examining your smile with state-of-the-art technology like digital X-rays and an intraoral camera
- Emphasizing conservative treatments that maintain your natural tooth structure as much as possible
- Using mercury-free, biocompatible materials for dental restorations
- Answering all your questions and explaining all your possible options
- Using digital images and/or wax models to show you what your new smile could look like
Choose From Many Cosmetic & Restorative Treatments
No matter what you don’t like about your smile, chances are you’ll find a cosmetic dental or restorative dental procedure to change it. Your choices include:
- Invisalign – You don’t need metal braces to straighten your teeth. Invisalign aligners won’t show in your smile. You can also remove aligners for meals and oral hygiene.
- Dental Veneers – Hide flaws with thin shells of toothlike material applied to the front surfaces of your teeth.
- Tooth Bonding – This treatment provides a more affordable way of covering imperfections. It won’t last as long as veneers, however.
- Dental Crowns – Since it covers your whole tooth, a metal-free crown can strengthen and improve your tooth structure.
- Dental Implants – When embedded in your jaw, implants help keep your bone healthy and strong. They can be used with crowns, bridges, or dentures to replace missing teeth.
- Dental Bridges – A bridge can replace one tooth or several teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – It’s easy to get great whitening results with custom-made trays and professional-strength bleaching gel at home.
- Teeth Contouring – Erase uneven tooth edges and similar flaws with this simple procedure.
- Gum Reshaping – Dr. Sommer can create a gorgeous gumline with our gentle laser.
For a smile makeover in Colorado Springs, call 719-249-5796.