It’s natural to feel a bit anxious at the dentist, especially if you’re getting a long and involved procedure. However, some people fear the dentist enough that they avoid even routine visits. That’s a problem. Skipping regular exams can result in the kind of poor dental health that will require costly treatments to fix. Fortunately, we make it easy to feel less stressed at the dentist.
Check out our suggestions for overcoming dental anxiety:
- Take Some Deep Breaths – While still at home, it’s often helpful to practice taking deep, calming breaths – ideally while visualizing yourself sitting comfortably in our dental chair. Then you can use the breathing exercise at our office.
- Ask All the Questions You’d Like – Knowing exactly what to expect goes a long way toward easing anxiety. We take the time to explain all aspects of your treatment. But we’re also happy to answer any questions you have.
- Stay Calm With Sedation – You can choose to receive safe, fast-acting laughing gas, which takes the edge off and keeps you feeling calm.
- Trust Our Patient-Friendly Technology – Our treatments are minimally invasive, with technology like dental lasers and digital dental impressions.
- Give Us a Signal – Before we start, we can agree on a signal you can use to let us know you’d like to take a brief break. A raised hand typically works well.
Call Springs Dentist at 719-249-5796 today for stress-free care in Colorado Springs, CO.